|30 Principles of How to Live Your Life by Paul V Harris on July 19, 2012
1) Do not criticise, condemn or complain; look at the situation from the other's point of view.
2) Compliment and appreciate others; we all are looking to feel special.
3) Talk to others from their point of view; discuss the benefits to them. How can I help You?
4) Find others facinating.
5) Smile all the time.
6) Remember everyone’s name.
7) Be a great listener.
8) Discuss the other person’s interests.
9) Make the other person feel important – compliments and praise.
10) You cannot win an arguement – to win, avoid it completely.
11) Show respect for the other person’s opinions – judge people on their values.
12) Admit when you are wrong – quickly and openly.
13) Sugar (not vinegar) to attracct more – be nice and friendly to everyone.
14) Hide differences. Emphasize similarities.
15) Handle complaints by talking less and listening more; they want to express themselves.
16) Create influence by involving others in your decision.
17) See things from the other's point of view; what do others want to get out of the transaction?
18) Demonstrate understanding – feel, felt, found.
19) Believe their belief.
20) Drama is really good – be a showman.
21) If nothing else, Challenge – raise the bar of expectation by creating competition.
22) Begin with praise – everything else will be excepted as sweeter.
23) Approach challenges indirectly – suggest a different course of action instead.
24) Discuss your mistakes before critisizing others.
25) Never give direct orders; suggest a task for them to consider performing.
26) Let others save face.
27) Praise the small steps – find what others are doing right.
28) Future Pace people. Discuss skills you want for them.
29) Use encouragement – show how simple the next steps are.
30) Make others happy to be by your side.
|Photograph Copyright 2012 John Rice; all texts, recordings Copyright Paul V Harris 2011-2012; All rights reserved|